Providing a general introduction and awareness to oil spill response preparedness and response in the marine environment.
Who Should Attend
All those involved in or who may have responsibilities for marine, port and handling facility operations that may potentially lead to a release of oil in the marine environment.
- Introduce participants to the subject of oil spill response, to understand the fate and behaviour of oil when released into the marine environment and to consider the impact of oil spills;
- Introduce participants to the work being carried out by the international community to reduce or prevent oil spills from occurring; and
- Introduce participants to the range of oil spill response options and techniques that are available to the response managers and responders, in addition to the common challenges that may be faced during a response operation.
Topics To Be Covered
- Fate and Behaviour of Oil in the Marine and Shoreline Environment;
- Impact of Oil Spills;
- International and Local Legislations;
- Oil Spill Response Preparedness;
- Overview of Oil Spill Response Techniques; and
- Relevant videos and oil spill incidents case study.